Enterprise Cloud Architect (ECA) is responsible for managing the cloud computing architecture.
Cloud computing architecture encompasses everything involved with cloud computing, including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, delivery and networks required to manage cloud storage.
ECA’s primary concern is to ensure consistent adoption of the cloud, including identifying and prioritizing solutions to move to the cloud, and working directly with solutions teams to adhere to enterprise architecture and cloud architecture standards. ECA initiates the standards creation process with the Infrastructure/Cloud Platforms team and ensure that the technical choices being made are valid and appropriate to the organization.
ECA is a trusted advisor to DigiIT LT and their teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture.
- Lead cultural change for cloud adoption
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture
- Develop a cloud strategy and coordinating the adaptation proces
- Work with platform and systems architects to establish and implement cloud standards
- Select cloud providers and vet third-party services
- Assess applications, software and hardware Oversee governance and mitigate risk
- Work closely with Security to monitor privacy and develop incident-response procedures
- Work closely with the stakeholders to explore needs, establish standards and implement processes related to cloud architecture
- Study, understand, and apply technical standards
- Identify emerging technical trends and recommend strategic technical vision to the DigIT LT
- Good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multitenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
- Good understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- Good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments as well as common EA topics such as persona based journeys, process orchestration, business process management, complex event processing, business intelligence, business analytics and insights, master data management, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud and/or hybrid applications
- Familiar with principles of network, application and information security
- Experience of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
- Familiar with design thinking and similar principles